Thursday, November 29, 2012

Surgery!

Well I had my surgery yesterday - everything went well according to the surgeon. :D Apparently my bottom disc was a little hard to get at from the angle it was at but ultimately it was fine and it looked great on imaging.  Still pretty sore from the procedure but I have a nice morphine drip to take care of that. Last night was tough for sleep and my friend Ben literally spoon fed me my soup.:P

 Later today I will walk for the first time post -surgery and try to sit.  I also have to put on a brace because my stomach is swelling quite a bit - not a rare side effect the surgeon told me.

Everyone here on staff has been great, my Spanish is definitely improving but the had an interpreter here over night to help the night shift since they tend to have fewer English-speaking nurses on staff.  I will update this post later after the session with the physiotherapist.

All in all I'm feeling pretty good though considering what I went through but I'm not looking forward to getting up as I am sure it going to be pretty painful just from the pains I am getting shifting in the bed.

Edit: So I saw the physiotherapist and I did a little walk around the room. :) the most painful part is the incision, my back itself doesn't really hurt at all.:O  Currently sitting in a chair relatively pain free (with some help from meds). 

No comments:

Post a Comment